Discover how to find potential funders and what they're looking for in the nonprofits they support. In this course you will learn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants, including:
- Who funds nonprofits and what motivates them
- What grantmakers really want to know about organizations that apply for funding
- How to identify and approach potential funders .
Course activities involve watching short videos and responding to quiz questions.
After taking Introduction to Finding Grants, you will be able to:
- Identify the types of organizations that fund nonprofits and their motivations
- Distinguish among the three main types of private foundations
- Perform a quick assessment of your nonprofitÕs credibility
- Organize your strategy to identify potential funders
- Plan to make the first approach