In this mini-course, you’ll learn the psychology and science of how mindset works to shape your child’s future, and the life-altering power that a growth mindset offers.
First, you'll learn about the two different mindsets that people use to view themselves and others, including their children. You'll discover how your mindset not only affects your own thoughts, behaviors and actions, but your children's, too.
Then, you'll learn powerful skills to help your child develop a growth mindset that will set the stage for them to develop and thrive—throughout life!
- Identify the characteristics of fixed and growth mindsets.
- Recognize how mindsets shape your child's growth and development.
- Use specific words, phrases, and actions that promote a love of learning in your child.
- Support your child through experience challenges and failure so they can recover quickly and come away feeling hopeful and excited about the next time.
- Reward hard work, perseverance, and grit.
- Use powerful strategies to help your child cultivate a growth mindset so they grow and thrive.
Target Audience: Parents, teachers, anyone interested in child development.
Course is offered by the Institute for Wellness Education.