University of Central Florida
Feb 10, 2013 to Apr 27, 2013
Cost per enrollment: Free
- Provides video lectures
- Provides opportunities to interact with the instructor or students
- Uses discussion forums
- Some of your work will be assessed by peers
- You will not be given a final grade in this course
- Intended for educators or professionals
- Contains content not appropriate for children under 18
Full course description
Writing History is a survey of historical thought, philosophy, and historiography. This course will survey the questions, methods, and debates historians have engaged in over the years and around the world. The course will also address best practices to researching and writing history.
Assistant Professor of History
Robert Cassanello is an assistant professor of history at the University of Central Florida. His research areas are Social History, Southern History, Race, Gender, Historiography. He is currently researching the history of racial segregation on public transportation in the United States. His book To Render Invisible: Jim Crow and Public Life in New South Jacksonville is published by University Press of Florida (2013).