The Open Educational Resource movement is still very young and new to faculty. This course encourages faculty to participate in developing and improving OER by demonstrating some simple steps by which materials can be generated or collected, licensed, and shared. It only makes sense that fostering collaboration on and improvement of resources with educational best practices in mind will, ultimately, translate into a more diverse, higher-quality case of materials that educators worldwide can use and continue to make better.
- Accurately define and identify Open Educational Resources (OER).
- Describe the six Creative Commons licenses.
- Demonstrate appropriate attribution.
- Design a plan for incorporating OER materials in a class, curriculum, or college.
- Design a plan for creating OER materials and how to appropriately license open materials.
- Determine how to gain permission to use a copyrighted work in an open resource.
Target Audience: Faculty/Instructors in any discipline or at any grade level.
Course is offered by Canvas Network.