Full course description
Starts January 26, 2014
The goal of Digital Literacies II is to provide practicing and pre-service educators as well as others with the tools and knowledge necessary to enhance and enrich the educational experiences of students’ through digital technologies.
Topics covered include:
- Digital citizenship and Internet safety
- Copyright law and 'Fair Use' clause
- The use of Creative Commons license
- The use of Web 2.0 tools
- Ways to apply Google Applications for
- Using mobile technologies for teaching and learning
- Techniques for developing non-linear presentations
- Methods for using Quick Response (QR) codes in teaching and learning
- The use of digital cameras
- Developing blogs and websites
- Producing podcasts
Emil Ahangarzadeh, Ed.D.
Director of Technical Statewide Education Technology Services
Dr. Emil Ahangarzadeh currently works in K-12 education as a professional development services provider in the field of information communication technology. He serves as the Director of TechSETS -- the Technical Statewide Education Technology Service, which is funded by the California Department of Education. He concurrently serves as a Coordinator of Integrated Technology Services for the San Diego County Office of Education. Dr. Ahangarzadeh formerly served as a secondary school teacher (English, English Language Development, Journalism, History/Social Studies), as well as both a secondary English Language Arts expert and English learner programs expert.