This is an 8-week course covering the programming elements of the new curriculum for GCSE and A-level Computer Science in England, United Kingdom. It is divided in two parts:
- Part A emphasizes the fundamentals topics, including decision-making and iteration (loops) using Python;
- Part B focuses on object-oriented programming concepts using Java.
The course introduces programming techniques that are useful for developing programming solutions to small and simple problems, which could be scaled up. Upon successful completion of each part, participants will receive a certificate from the School of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Wolverhampton.
You will learn:
- Fundamentals of Python Programming
- Python Turtle Graphics
- Fundamentals of Java Programming
- Basics of Object-Oriented Programming
- Some underlying Maths Concepts
Target Audience: Current and aspiring teachers and students of GCSE and A Level CS, life-long learners and anyone looking for professional development opportunities.
Course is offered by the University of Wolverhampton.