In this course, students learn different research methods and procedures for designing and conducting scientific research. Students develop their competencies in research theories, designs, and approaches using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research, as well as the ability to understand and critically analyze research reports and to write research proposals and research papers.
More specifically, the following main content will be introduced:
- Types of research methods
- Research design and procedures
- Literature review
- Data analysis techniques
- Ethical issues in doing research
- Evaluating research reports
- Writing research proposals
- Writing research papers
This course will prepare students to:
- Understand what is research and critical issues related to research.
- Gain an overview of the different types of research designs and methods.
- Develop the competencies to design and conduct research.
- Develop the ability to critically analyze research literature.
- Apply different research methods (quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research).
- Gain the competence to analyze research reports.
- Develop the ability to write research proposals and research papers.