This course is designed to help you get started as a behavioral science student, become familiar with the academic programs within the field, and prepare you for your first meeting with your academic advisor or academic counselor once you make your decision about which program to pursue. This course is not graded and you do not receive course credit; it is a tool to prepare you for success as a college student.
At the end of each course module there is a short quiz. You will be required to get 100% on the quiz before proceeding (but don't worry, we'll help you with each answer along the way). There are several additional modules you may complete if you feel the information is relevant to you. At the end, you will take a brief anonymous survey, just to let us know how we're doing.
This course covers program information for the following subjects:
- Family Studies
- Social Work
- Other areas within behavioral science:
- Autism studies
- Substance use disorder counseling
This course is designed to help you prepare to apply to an institution of higher education and pursue a degree within the behavioral sciences. As you complete the modules you will:
- become familiar with the academic programs within the field
- become prepared for your first meeting with your academic advisor or academic counselor
- become more able to make your decision on what program to pursue.