In this course, you will develop English language skills by reading and writing personal stories. You will learn to write sentences more accurately, choose the right vocabulary, and organize ideas more clearly to tell a story that others enjoy reading. You will meet and work with other English language learners from around the world while improving your English for academic or professional purposes.
As a course participant, you will:
- Read and discuss short stories.
- Increase your vocabulary.
- Improve accuracy in sentence structure and past tense use.
- Write and revise a story.
- Give and receive feedback on stories.
- Optionally explore and report on independent study links, activities, and resources.
Target Audience: Young adults (ages 17-25) who speak English at a high beginning or low intermediate level.
Course is offered by the University of Oregon.