This course is intended for student-athletes participating in sports that carry a risk of head injury and concussion. You will work through a series of modules that present information on a variety of topics, including:
- What a concussion is.
- What signs and symptoms might be present with a concussion.
- What you should do if you have experienced a concussion.
- What the return to play process looks like.
- A case study on the potential dangers of concussions.
- Some background on concussion laws and policies (in the State of Utah).
After each module you will need to pass a brief quiz to verify your knowledge and understanding of the material presented.
- Understand what a concussion is.
- Understand and recognize the signs and symptoms of a concussion.
- Understand what to do if you have experienced a concussion.
- Understand the proper return to play guidelines and protocol.
Target Audience: Any student athlete participating in sports.
Course is offered by The University of Utah.