This competency-based course is part of a three-course series comprising the Business Communication Certification from the University Learning Store. Through learning resources and authentic assessments, it addresses the common mistakes many people make when sending email in the workplace. It also provides strategies for drafting professionally tailored emails that demonstrate your ability to understand, summarize, and respond in a manner that is suitable for the workplace.
- Identify examples of poor emailing habits for the workplace.
- Identify written techniques that indicate awareness in communication.
- Communicate information that responds to the writer's communicated needs and questions.
- Deliver communication in a concise and clear manner.
- Ask clarifying questions to demonstrate engagement in conversation.
- Identify positive online etiquette behaviors that show understanding of the sender's message.
- Convey respect in communication through timeliness and completeness in response.
- Begin and end interactions with phrases of polite courtesy and gratitude.