This course is part of a two-course series in Presentations and Public Speaking, and focuses on best practice for giving effective presentations. The topics include: a) how to speak in public to deliver important information to decision makers, b) examples and techniques on how to structure the content for a presentation, c) the use of slides and design guidelines, and d) how to use persuasive language to deliver your message. You will also get a chance of putting it all together in a presentation.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify guidelines for effective public speaking.
- Use effective techniques to begin a presentation.
- Recognize how to use signposts to transition from one point to another and from one speaker to another in presentations.
- Use effective language to conclude a presentation.
- Identify the purpose of using slides in an oral presentation, and what elements should be included in this.
- Create slides that are clear and easy to read to support your presentation.