This course is one of the three competencies comprising the Global Business Communication Certification offered by the University Learning Store. Through content resources and authentic assessments created by experts, it focuses on the skills you need to speak adeptly in specific business settings and cultural contexts.
- Identify and use appropriate expressions in general business situations with clients, superiors, and coworkers in the global workplace.
- Develop awareness of and demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings.
- Devise statements, questions, and responses for different settings and situations.
- Identify differences and similarities in effective personal introductions for different contexts.
- Acquire phone skills for a variety of contexts appropriate for the global workplace.
- Request and explain what you need, using the right tone, in specific business encounters.
- Engage in small business discussion groups, using appropriate language for different types of communication goals such as agreeing or disagreeing, introducing or referencing sources, and more.
- Improve your fluency, accuracy, and appropriateness in spoken communication.