This course is one of the three competencies comprising the Global Business Communication Certification offered by the University Learning Store. Through content resources and authentic assessments created by experts, it focuses on the skills you need to present with ease and confidence, and meet the expectations of global audiences.
- Plan your presentation by preparing to speak with a variety of time frames.
- Prepare for an attention-seizing opening and closing of your presentation.
- Practice your presentation by focusing on posture and body language.
- Research the background of your audience by focusing on culture, motivation, and expectation of the presentation.
- Employ appropriate tone and vocabulary based on audience background, including culture, gender, age, education, and audience roles and expectations.
- Build confidence with relaxation techniques, controlling breath and voice, using upward and outward gesture, and maintaining a slower pace during the presentation.
- Utilize effective visual aids, such as charts and graphs, to share data and convey opinions.
- Establish good rapport with the audience through positive eye contact, analyzing and responding to audience body language and facial expressions.