This course is one of the three competencies comprising the Global Business Communication Certification offered by the University Learning Store. Through content resources and authentic assessments created by experts, it focuses on the skills you need to write concise emails in the global workplace using appropriate language, tone, and formality in a variety of business and cultural contexts.
- Identify the five most common business email types.
- Choose the appropriate professional format for your business email address.
- Write effective subject lines and email body text that encourages response or action from recipients.
- Apply the appropriate language to different types of emails.
- Avoid common pitfalls such as punctuation and capitalization errors.
- Apply the correct tone and level of formality based on the context and the purpose of the email.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness when emailing recipients from different cultures.