This course examines basic and broad knowledge of economic impact modeling and Tourism Satellite Accounts, focusing on measurement of tourism as an industry. Participants will be guided through senior-level instruction centering on a globally accepted method to measure tourism as an industry. In the end, participants will see tourism from a fascinating new perspective and will see possibilities to change the various regions of the world for the better through tourism. This course is suitable for any student with curiosity about the industry.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- understand two Nobel-prize awarded modeling of the Input-Output,Social Accounting Matrix modeling, their benefits and structural limitations.
- conduct simple matrix operations to calculate “multipliers” by yourself, with enough confidence to be able to express your knowledge to peers and bosses.
- obtain enough skills to utilize MS-Excel at the level that you can create all the required modeling in MS-Excel so that you can proceed to be a competitive candidate for a job with hospitality consulting firms, accounting firms, local governments and developers.
- understand the concept of Tourism Satellite Accounts, and explain why it is considered as a better method to measure the economic impact of tourism as an industry, and
- obtain insights into tourism as an industry to change the world for a better place.