How do the disciplines of Art and Psychology intersect? This course investigates questions such as: What is creativity? Are insanity and creativity related? How can art be used to heal? How do our brains and experience work together top perceive art? How is art used in persuasion? Art is everywhere - learn about the power of art and what it reveals about the power of the human experience.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify components and problems with definitions
- Identify what is meant by creativity and how this has been quantified
- Identify the problems with studies linking insanity with creativity
- Identify different ways art has been used in healing and be able to perform some art healing techniques
- Identify components of perception and cognition of art, Identify the role of art in persuasion
Target Audience: Life-long learners and those looking for professional development opportunities.
Course is offered by University of Central Florida.