High performance sports teams are now placing more emphasis on technology and data to help coaching staff develop tactics and appropriate training loads. In today's sporting world the ability to collect, analyse and interpret data generated from systems such as GPS or athlete management systems is considered vital to a team's and individual athletes’ performance goals. This course provides an introduction to specialised knowledge in the area of sports analytics and how it can be applied in high performance sport for the betterment of the athlete or team.
This course is a taster for the Graduate Certificate in Sports Analytics at the University of Canberra. If you enjoyed Sports Performance Analysis 101, you can apply for the Graduate Certificate in Sports Analytics here.
Taking part in this course will give you an opportunity to:
- Develop your understanding of performance analysis and its applications.
- Examine the differences between and the strengths and weaknesses of quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Develop your understanding of the types of variables that can be collected in sports and different methods for data collection.
- Explore the types of performance indicators that can be collected, measured and interpreted in sport.
- Use a range of methods to interpret sports performance profiles.
- Develop your understanding of athlete monitoring and wellbeing.
- Explore the subject of sports informatics.