In this course, you will set out on a journey to explore the nature of leadership and the skills you can develop to lead and influence others within the higher education (HE) sector. The journey will be personal to you: your context, your ambitions, your values—and you don't need to be in a formal leadership position to participate in the course. There are eight weeks/modules grouped into three themes: mapping leadership development, responding to change, and seeking and responding to feedback.
- Develop an understanding of the broader context shaping work and leadership in the HE sector.
- Identify leadership maturity stages and their relevance to HE work roles.
- Develop self-awareness about stage of leadership development and design a personal plan.
- Identify the immediate and global context of change.
- Identify factors that make change successful.
- Develop an understanding of your own and others' response to change.
- Develop a proactive mindset to cope with change.
- Map and troubleshoot team dynamics in response to change.
- Deliver effective feedback.
- Process feedback and criticism in a productive way.
- Develop personal resilience.
Target Audience: Anyone working in (or hoping to work in) higher education, whether academic or professional. A formal leadership position is not required.
Course is offered by University of Canberra