Science Exploration. It all begins with a question. The Scientific Method starts the scientist on the journey of discovery. This Real Science Labs four-week online course gives students an authentic lab experience as they investigate the scientific method, lab safety procedures, basic microscopy, and the importance of measurement in scientific fields. The optional three-lab kit is specially priced and created for this course experience.
Lab kits can be purchased from Real Science Labs for $25. Visit www.realsciencelabs.com for more information.
In this course, students will learn how to:
- Identify the elements of a testable hypothesis.
- Distinguish between statements that are testable by science and those that are not.
- Identify steps of the scientific method.
- Carry out a controlled, repeatable experiment to test a hypothesis.
- Show and discuss experimental results in an online community discussion forum.
- Demonstrate comprehension of scientific concepts through weekly assessment questions.
- Identify safety equipment and proper lab attire.
- Carry out neutralization reaction.
- Name common lab equipment.
- Identify parts of a microscope.
- Classify different types of microscopes.
- Demonstrate how to use a microscope.
- Understand the link between science and measurement.
To see more STEM related courses for young learners, parents, and teachers visit the STEM Catalog.