Crime Scene. Police Line Do Not Cross. Future CSI agents will use the same tools and techniques real crime scene investigators use when trying to solve a case: fingerprinting analyses, impression evidence, and more. This Real Science Labs four-week online course allows students to fully explore the mysterious world of forensic science. The optional three-lab kit is specially priced and created for this course experience.
Lab kits can be purchased from Real Science Labs for $25. Visit www.realsciencelabs.com for more information.
In this course, students will learn how to:
- Collect and process evidence by utilizing a chain of custody form and collection methods that prevent contamination.
- Document a crime scene using sketches, diagrams, and photomacrographic scales.
- Perform a fingerprint rolling technique and analyze minutiae.
- Collect a fingerprint sample using a dusting technique.
- Explain the role of shoe, tire, and tool mark analysis in forensics.
- Perform a tire track analysis.
To see more STEM related courses for young learners, parents, and teachers visit the STEM Catalog.