Funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, this course provides a professional development opportunity for public librarians to learn about the applications of TV White Space (TVWS) technology. Find out how you can implement this emerging technology in your library and use it to collaborate with community anchor institutions to advance access, inclusion, and crisis planning.
- To build awareness of TVWS technology.
- To understand how TVWS wireless networks operate.
- To understand how TVWS can work in disaster response scenarios.
- To develop familiarity with several library TVWS case studies.
- To understand how to plan for TVWS at your library.
Target Audience: Librarians, Students in Library & Information Science, Community Anchor Institution Professionals, and anyone interested in learning the basics of TVWS.
Course is offered by the School of Information/San Jose State University.