If you teach in an online environment, you might not be able to tell which students are having problems until they fail or withdraw. Through various hands-on activities, this course will help you develop an action plan to: 1) identify students who might be at-risk before they are too far gone to be helped and 2) determine the best way to support these students. Learn what to watch for and identify resources at your institution that may help.
As a participant in this course, you will:
- Develop your own list of characteristics that might impact online learning performance.
- Explore and develop a list of options that are available in your learning management system (LMS) that might help identify at-risk students.
- Explore and develop a list of support services that are available at your institution to help online students who are struggling.
- Evaluate the appropriate action for each part of your timeline.
- Develop an Action Plan to identify, help, and monitor students who are struggling.