The Fundamentals of Pharmacology course overviews principles underlying drug action, including an investigation of current treatments for a variety of common diseases. In addition, this course will implement activities that apply pharmacological principles to discuss emerging therapeutic strategies and issues.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain fundamental principles of drug action, including how drugs affect the body and how the body affects drugs
- Map a drug's path in the body based on route of administration
- Explain factors contributing to varied drug response among a population
- Describe the mechanism of action, general effect(s), and therapeutic use(s) for major drug classes
- Apply pharmacological principles in discussing novel or emerging therapeutic strategies
Target Audience: Pharmacy students, medical professionals and other people that are interested in healthcare, medicine, and pharmacy.
Course is offered by The Ohio State University Global One Health Initiative.