Are you designing an online course? Are you wanting to go above and beyond and add more interactivity and flair to your course but don’t know how? If so, this is for you.
This course is designed as a resource for teachers and designers who want to take their online courses above and beyond, to give their students a truly engaging learning experience by adding more interactivity and flair to their courses. Adding some of these tips and tricks can really take a course from run-of-the-mill to engaging and professional in moments. And the best part: you don't have to be a professional programmer to pull it off! You'll learn to use some fundamental HTML coding, as well as media resources, to take your course to the next level. Although this course provides examples and illustrations in Canvas, much of the code may be replicated in other learning management systems or virtual learning environments.
This course is designed to be self-paced and is set up to share resources, so you can take what you want and leave the rest. There is no time commitment, cost, or time limit to this course. Access it at any time to get what you need and start building amazing courses.
- To discover multimedia resources embeddable in Canvas.
- To design course activities and assignments to be more interactive.
- To use basic HTML tags and properties to enhance course design.
- To build a course environment whose visual design actively supports learning.
- To take advantage of the open architecture of Canvas to incorporate public online resources.
- To gain experience building natively in the language of the web.
Target Audience: Instructors (secondary and post-secondary), Course Designers.
Course is offered by the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts.