This course will show you how to build a massive open online course (MOOC), including lots of tips and tricks, at an affordable cost. It covers content creation and content sourcing from the web, assessment at large scale using quizzes and peer assignments, communication between learners and course design. Not only will this course show you how to build a MOOC, it will provide you with support from tutors and fellow participants for four months. Depending on your level of interest, it will require between two and four hours of effort per week. This course is offered by a team from five European institutions working in content development, online learning and MOOCs.
On successful completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Select tools for the creation of educational video content.
- Create high quality educational video content in an efficient manner.
- Source suitable open content on the web.
- Deliver live webinars.
- Manage a MOOC development project.
- Select a suitable low-cost platform to host a MOOC.
- Recruit learners.
- Engage and retain learners during the delivery.
Prerequisite: Some previous teaching experience is desirable along with being comfortable in working on the web.
Target Audience: Educators and subject matter experts who wish to develop open online courses on the web.
Course is offered by the Institute of Technology, Sligo, Ireland.