The growing interest in workplace learning is perhaps due to its potential to contribute to work performance, to improve productivity, and of course, to spend less time off the job for formal training. However, despite this interest and increasing awareness, we still grapple with how to develop and “do” workplace learning. In this introductory course, we explore learning about, through and at work. We will first examine the What and Why of workplace learning, analyse common workplace learning issues, and examine the learning processes and strategies that can be used effectively at work. Finally, we put all these together into a workplace learning plan to implement back at work.
In this course, we will:
- Examine the What and Why of workplace learning.
- Analyse workplace learning issues.
- Examine how a selected group of people learn at work.
- Select appropriate workplace learning methods.
- Plan for workplace learning.