The course of Green Marketing responds to a need in the 21st century to move beyond simply considering traditional institutional approaches to corporate social responsibility (CSR) and contributing to the community. Green Marketing attempts to redefine the role of marketing and corporations in general in society in a way that integrates and addresses the four pillars of sustainable development (SD) of economy, ecology, society, & culture through a holistic approach. By the end of the course, participants will gain an understanding of the global trend of moving towards "Green" products as well as how to capitalize on this trend for both financial and social success.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the underlying theories regarding Green Marketing.
- Differentiate between environmentally friendly practices, CSR, & and Green Marketing.
- Understand Green Marketing in a Strategic Context.
- Realize the imperative of Green Marketing in a practical context.
- Be able to make a basic analysis and assessment of a company's green marketing strategy.
Target Audience: Business Undergraduate and graduate students; life-long learners; marketing practitioners.
Course is offered by Heliopolis University for Sustainable Development.