The Stavros Center for Economic Education of Florida State University (FSU) and Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship of Northern Michigan University will offer a six week cutting-edge, online course in economics and personal finance. Developed by a team of master economic educators, this course is for students who would like to learn more about economics, wealth and prosperity. This 16 module, multi-media course is understandable, easy to navigate, and focuses on what you really need to know about economics and personal finance. It will be taught by a seasoned online instructor.
See more information including companion book (not required) at CommonSenseEconomics.com
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Explain the economic way of thinking and how it can be used to make purposeful decisions in a variety of settings.
- Explain why some nations prosper while others do not.
- Identify the twelve key elements of economics.
- Describe the seven sources of economic prosperity.
- Apply the twelve key elements of economics to explain the economics of government.
Course is offered by Florida State University and Northern Michigan University.