The Stavros Center for Economic Education of Florida State University (FSU) and Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship of Northern Michigan University will offer a six week cutting-edge, online course in economics and personal finance. Developed by a team of master economic educators, this course is for students who would like to learn more about economics, wealth and prosperity. This 16 module, multi-media course is understandable, easy to navigate, and focuses on what you really need to know about economics and personal finance. It will be taught by a seasoned online instructor.
See more information including companion book (not required) at CommonSenseEconomics.com
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- explain the economic way of thinking and how it can be used to make purposeful decisions in a variety of settings
- explain why some nations prosper while others do not
- identify the twelve key elements of economics
- describe the seven sources of economic prosperity
- apply the twelve key elements of economics to explain the economics of government