This course focuses on what everyone would benefit from knowing about: the operation of markets, importance of entrepreneurship, the institutional elements of a prosperous economy, the economics of political decision-making, and important principles of personal finance. Multi-media technologies are employed to make learning what everyone should know about wealth and prosperity be fun, engaging, and exciting.
On course completion, learners will:
- describe why the condition of scarcity requires decision-making;
- link strategic decision-making to living satisfying and financially secure lives in markets;
- identify the importance of entrepreneurship;
- associate key institutional elements with a prosperous economy;
- associate economics and political decision-making; and
- pinpoint the important principles of personal finance.
Target Audience: High school students and instructors; K-12 educators; and life-long learners.
Course is offered by Florida State University and Northern Michigan University.