This course, designed for both new and experienced teachers, gives participants methods for creating, presenting and evaluating effective teacher training workshops. Participants will gain tools and techniques for promoting professional development in their teaching contexts. Through participation in this course, they will develop their skills for delivering engaging and relevant teacher trainings. The main outcome of the course is to have participants apply teacher training tools and strategies for impactful training in their local contexts.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Develop an understanding of what makes a teacher training workshop successful and improves student outcomes.
- Create a course outline based on goals and objectives for individual teaching context.
- Develop a plan for assessing participants to meet their goals and objectives.
- Apply evaluative concepts in a reflective way to assess training and grow professionally.
- Create a sustainable community of practice with colleagues for continued professional growth.
Target Audience: Adult non-native English-speaking teachers of English and education professionals interested in professional development opportunities.
Course is offered by the Online Professional English Network, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. government, and administered by FHI 360.