The Creative Box course has been certified by EOCCS (Online Course Certification System) by the European Foundation of Management Development (EFMD). This step represents a milestone as we have been awarded a quality label for online learning in the field of business/management.
Begins January 22, 2018
Length of time: 5 weeks
Enrollment and qualification are free
Two study routes
Innovation is a major part of business success. But what is innovation and how do you innovate? Can anyone do it, in business or in everyday life?
We think the answer to that question is yes, and we want to help you discover how by sharing a simple process with you: four exploratory steps, creative but also realistic, designed to wake up the potential innovator in all of us.
The Creative Box course is open to everyone, free and accessible online. It offers two types of certificate from ESSCA, the prestigious business school in France. The teaching team behind Creative Box have designed it carefully to offer sophisticated know-how to the greatest number of people.
The course is richly illustrated with concrete real-life examples. You will be invited to learn from interviews with big businesses like PSA Peugeot Citroën, The CSA Institute, Bosch, Darty, SAP, and also young entrepreneurs from startups like TravelerCar; Cook-ease, Meat-me.
Week 0 - Explore the platform and see how the course works
Week 1 - Definition of a target user
Week 2 – Identifying the needs of your target user
Week 3 – Using creative methods to develop an innovative idea
Week 4 - Defining the value of an innovative idea
Who is this course for?
The MOOC is aimed at:
- Anyone who wants to learn how innovations come about and how businesses can facilitate the process.
- Anyone who has an idea but does not know how to find their audience and make it marketable.
- Anyone with a business plan. Throughout this MOOC, you will have the opportunity to test out your capacity for finding innovative ideas. When your business is up and running, you and your business will benefit from your ability to reproduce the methods you will learn during this course.
- Engineers who understand the technological aspects of innovation and would like to improve their understanding of marketing and client management.
Support and Community
You will be accompanied throughout the course by the teaching team at the Institute of Advanced Education at ESSCA.
You will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with other participants at any time, and to experiment with peer-lead pair evaluation.
Study routes and qualifications
There are two study routes to choose from, depending on how much time you would like to commit:
- The Discovery Route will teach you how the innovation process works. You will be required to watch the teaching videos and take the quizzes. This will take you around one and a half hours per week. If you successfully complete the quizzes, you will receive a statement of participation.
- The Creative Route will allow you to experiment with the techniques and tools which are taught, and by the end of the course you will have come up with your own innovation. To take the Creative Route you must complete all the course activities; this includes watching the videos, taking the comprehension quizzes, participating in the forums, submitting your own project and evaluating the work of other students. This will require a time commitment of around four hours a week, and you will receive a certificate of qualification upon completion.
Course is offered by ESSCA, Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Commerciales d'Angers.