Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) - Key Concepts for New Users is presented by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the world's largest, fully accredited university specializing in aviation and aerospace. Whether you are flying for fun or for a commercial enterprise, this course will introduce you to key concepts related to sUAS, including basic types, capabilities, and current and future uses. Particular emphasis is placed on safety within the National Airspace System (NAS), including where to fly and where to find flight planning tools. The MOOC also introduces the FAA's new regulations (FAA Part 107) and will focus participants toward possible certification, regulations and flight planning considerations.
This course is for both novice and seasoned sUAS enthusiasts.
Upon successful completion of all components of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the basic types of sUAS and their capabilities.
- Discuss the sUAS operating environment, including the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Discover the basic dos and don'ts of sUAS/recreational drone operations.
- Identify regulatory requirements for remote pilot certifications.
- Recognize requirements for planning safe sUAS flights.