This course presents an overview of sustainability in the aviation and aerospace industry. Topics include defining sustainability and application within the aviation/aerospace industry. The value and benefits of environmental management, corporate social responsibility, and economic sustainability for the aviation/aerospace industry will be explored to determine strategies and suggested best practices for implementation in any type of aviation or aerospace organization.
- Relate the three pillars of sustainability to aviation and aerospace organizations
- Explain the benefits of sustainable principles to aviation and aerospace entities
- Examine environmental actions associated with sustainable aviation and aerospace companies
- Identify the role of social responsibility in aviation and aerospace industries
- Analyze initiatives that contribute to economic sustainability in aviation and aerospace organizations
- Assess organizational strategies to promote sustainable practices
- Select the best practices associated with sustainable aviation and aerospace organizations
Target Audience: Lifelong learners, professional development for aviation/aerospace professionals.
Course is offered by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.