This course presents an overview of the aviation maintenance industry. The different types of maintenance actions and inspections are examined, along with how these activities are accomplished on a global scale. Topics within the course include: aircraft maintenance basics, global challenges, maintenance manager roles, and safety management. As a student in this course, you will develop an understanding of the challenges facing the aviation maintenance industry, with a realization of how leaders impact the daily operations of these organizations, as well as overcome challenges related to globalization and a multi-cultural workforce.
- Distinguish between predictive and reactive maintenance.
- Distinguish between the different inspection classes that require maintenance.
- Identify the major aircraft systems that require maintenance.
- Explain the requirements and methods for integrating safety into an aviation maintenance environment.
- Discuss the role of a maintenance manager.
- Identify methods for balancing safety with efficiency in an aviation maintenance environment.
- Identify the challenges within the global aviation maintenance environment.
- Integrate aviation maintenance within a global business environment.
Course is offered by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide.