Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) will prepare you to respond to life-threatening emergencies in the adult population with advanced interventions. This ACLS course is based on the latest guidelines, which focus on doing several tasks simultaneously as part of a group process that enables efficiency and minimizes error. At the completion of this course, students will be prepared to take the certification exam for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
By the end of this course, students will:
- Have an understanding of the first assessment in emergency response
- Have knowledge of basic life support (BLS) principles and their role in ACLS
- Understand the principles and rationale behind defibrillation
- Integrate the concepts of “Systems of Care” in resuscitation scenarios, including Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) and Stroke
- Understand the roles of the Rapid Response Team and the Resuscitation Team
- Be familiar with the algorithms for specific ACLS cases