Here is what some of our past learners had to say:
"This course gave me great insight on how to direct Youth in future job search skills and to look at updating my own resume skills and begin to market myself a little differently" C.W
"This course is excellent, even for the seasoned professional to tap into new ways to present themselves in the online marketplace." - J.R
"The course is unique, new and packed with amazing information." C.B
The medium you use to brand yourself in the professional world says a lot about you. In today’s digital age, the traditional print-based résumé is often just not enough.
Geared toward youth and people in the early stages of their careers, this course will teach you how to create a compelling multi-dimensional online presence, despite not having a lot work or educational experiences. Through weekly lessons on how to create an infographic and video résumé, you will learn the fundamentals of good storytelling for employment and how to utilize new media tools to market yourself and build a professional online presence.
Although this course was created for youth, the content in this course will also prove to be beneficial for youth workers, career and employment coaches for professional development purposes as well as anyone else who is looking to update their skills and resume.
- Develop your self-marketing skills and learn how to use new media tools to present yourself in innovative and creative ways.
- Create a compelling infographic and/or video résumé.
- Develop your digital storytelling skills and learn how to leverage your strengths to market yourself.
- Discover the various tools and techniques available to create multi-dimensional resumes.
- Build a professional online presence using various social media platforms, including an expert LinkedIn profile.
- Connect with peers and mentors and begin building your professional networks.
Course is offered by CultureLink.