This 9-module course is designed for people interested in mentoring vulnerable youth by helping them overcome barriers and build resilience. The course will sensitize you to the issues facing vulnerable youth and equip you with effective mentoring tools. We'll walk you through the 3-E mentorship stages—Establishing, Engaging, and Empowering—to help you build a fruitful mentoring relationship with your mentee(s).
For organizations who want to enhance their capacity to serve vulnerable youth and to ensure that they have equitable access to supportive adults, the course provides not only professional development for your staff and volunteers, but opportunities for them to meet and collaborate with allies across the globe.
Mentors who take this course will:
- Deepen their understanding of youth vulnerability.
- Be sensitized to the particular challenges and barriers facing vulnerable youth.
- Learn practical strategies to keep youth engaged.
- Learn and practice coaching techniques to empower youth.
- Find allies and build cross-sector service alliances for their clients.
- Develop their capacity to become well-rounded mentors.
Organizations whose staff and volunteers take this course can expect to:
- Better equip mentors for positive youth development.
- Enhance their capacity to serve vulnerable youth.
- Increase vulnerable youths’ access to trained supportive adults who can engage and empower them.
Target Audience: Youth program staff and volunteers, people who wanting to help vulnerable youth in a structured mentoring relationship.
Course is offered by CultureLink.