CATIE’s Preventing the Sexual Transmission of HIV course aims to develop core knowledge on the prevention of sexual transmission of HIV for front-line service providers who have a role in HIV prevention. Through this course, participants will gain in-depth knowledge of the biology of the sexual transmission of HIV and emerge with a concrete understanding of how to prevent HIV through the use of highly effective prevention strategies and other risk reduction tools. This course will assist participants to accurately and meaningfully discuss sexual HIV transmission risk and prevention strategies with their clients.
PLEASE NOTE: For the best user experience, view this course through your web browser (i.e., Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome), and not through the Canvas app.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the biology of the sexual transmission of HIV.
- Assess the risk of HIV transmission associated with different sexual activities.
- Communicate about sexual HIV transmission risk to their clients with accuracy.
- Discuss currently available highly effective HIV prevention strategies.
- Discuss the benefits and limitations of additional risk reduction tools.
Target Audience: Service providers working with people living with or at risk of HIV.
Course is offered by CATIE.