CATIE’s Hepatitis C Treatment course aims to develop in-depth knowledge on the treatment of hepatitis C for frontline service providers working with clients who have hepatitis C or are at risk for hepatitis C. Through this course, participants will gain information on the benefits of treatment and an overview of what treatment for hepatitis C typically includes. This course will help participants to be able to accurately answer client questions on hepatitis C treatment options, access to treatment, and additional considerations for treatment. Participants will emerge with strategies to support clients before, during, and after treatment.
PLEASE NOTE: For the best user experience, view this course through your web browser (i.e., Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome), and not through the Canvas app.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the goals and benefits of hepatitis C treatment.
- Explain how direct-acting antiviral treatments work and what a course of treatment typically involves.
- Understand factors that may influence decisions on hepatitis C treatment.
- Communicate tips and strategies to support clients who are taking treatment.
- Discuss ways to stay healthy after receiving hepatitis C treatment.
Target Audience: This course is geared toward service providers working with clients who have hepatitis C or are at risk for hepatitis C.
Course is offered by CATIE.