CATIE’s Hep C Basics course provides foundational knowledge in hepatitis C (Hep C) for service providers who work with people living with or at risk of Hep C. The course content covers transmission, testing, treatment and health literacy. Participants will achieve a basic understanding of Hep C across the continuum of prevention, treatment, care and support, allowing them to discuss Hep C infection in their work and to support their clients.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the epidemiology of Hep C in Canada.
- Explain how Hep C is transmitted and identify ways to prevent Hep C infection.
- Describe effects of Hep C on the liver.
- Differentiate between acute and chronic Hep C.
- Describe the tests used to diagnose and to monitor Hep C .
- Identify some of the treatments approved for the treatment of Hep C in Canada.
- Discuss health literacy and identify key barriers that clients may face while navigating the healthcare system.
Target Audience: Service providers who work with people living with or at risk of Hep C.
Course is offered by CATIE.