Are you considering a career in engineering? Are you fascinated by what engineers do? In this pre-college course, you will gain an understanding of the various fields of engineering and explore the engineering design process, from conceptual design and optimal choice evaluation to project construction. This introductory course is a recommended prerequisite for Brown University’s online pre-college courses focusing on specific engineering fields, including materials engineering, biomedical engineering, and renewable energy.
Students do not need to purchase any texts or materials for this course. Read More.
This course is designed so you do something everyday
- Day 1. Course Introduction
- Day 2. Meet Engineers
- Day 3. Design and Sketch
- Day 4. CAD Fun
- Day 5-7. Build a Prototype
- Day 8. Test Prototype
- Day 9. Reflect
- Day 10. Submit interview
- Day 11. Roadmap Your Career
- Day 12. Course Conclusion
Instructor photos used with permission
Copyright © 2013 Brown University School of Engineering
All Rights Reserved
In this course, students will:
- Apply the engineering design process.
- Construct a prototype to solve an engineering problem.
- Explore multiple fields of engineering.
- Formulate a plan for starting a college career in engineering.