This self-paced course provides participants with the opportunity to explore, assess, and document learning mastered through a variety of life experiences. You will be challenged to think holistically and critically about your skills, knowledge, and performance capabilities as they relate to college-level and professional-based learning. Participants will use social media to build personal learning networks that support collaborative learning and cooperative engagement. The focus is on identifying college-level content and preparing an experiential learning portfolio.
For $150, you may submit your experiential learning portfolio for review at Bellevue University. If the portfolio is awarded at least one credit, you will receive two credits for completion of this course at no extra charge.
Topics covered include:
- Week One: Self Assessment (Inventory)
- Week Two: Exploration (Honing Skills)
- Week Three: Documentation (Research)
- Week Four: Looking Forward (Survey the Land)
- Week Five: Building and Organizing
- Week Six: Reviewing and Revising
In this course, students can expect to learn...Read More.
Identify your own learning preferences and describe how they connect to your personal and workplace value, or human capital.
- Explain how human capital elements (skills, knowledge, behaviors and talent) help identify individual value
- Draw your own personal learning space based on preferences
- Identify your personal strengths and areas for growth
HONE SKILLS and RESEARCH:
Identify how your human capital inventory pertains to your educational goals.
- Describe the differences between traditional and experiential learning
- Identify and articulate your educational goals
- Organize past and present learning experiences to show how experiences impact your human capital inventory
SURVEY the LAND and BUILDING & ORGANIZING:
Create an experiential learning portfolio documenting demonstration of performance.
- Identify and evaluate discipline areas where learning has been achieved at the college level.
- Compose an evidence-based narrative of your learning
Course is offered by Bellevue University.