The PACE Mathematical Foundations MOOC is an online program designed to enhance your mathematics skills in the areas of Number Theory, Algebra, Geometry, Probability and Statistics. This MOOC is designed to help develop the skills needed to be successful in college-level mathematics. Other aspects of the Math MOOC include access to college tutors and discussion forums with other MOOC participants. This course is non-credit and cannot be used to satisfy requirements in any curriculum at Barry University.
Questions? Check out our FAQ page for more info.
This course is a review of basic mathematics skills. The learning objectives of this course include the ability to successfully complete the following with 70% accuracy:
- Operations on the Real Number line, including absolute value.
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of Real Numbers.
- Problems involving Natural Number factors.
- Operations involving exponents and square roots.
- Evaluations of expressions and solving linear equations.
- Introductory geometric problems.
- Introductory statistical problems.
- Elementary probability questions.
The course is designed to gauge the learner's mastery of mathematics. The student may elect to take the pre-exam and test out of the remaining course. It the learner continues in the course, the course is divided into eight modules, which provide video demonstrations and self-assessment activities. The course is concluded with a multiple-choice final exam. Successful completion of the exam or the Pre-test will result in a certificate of completion for the student. The certificate will be accepted at Barry University as satisfactory completion of the Math Placement exam.
Target Audience: Anyone interested in enhancing their college-level mathematical skills in the areas of Algebra, Geometry, Number Theory, Probability and Statistics.
Course is offered by Barry University.