All of us lead. This is an essential truth of leadership. Where we lead and when we lead varies. We assume the role of leader in different settings – it may be professional, volunteer, civic, or personal. Every leader is also a follower and colleague. Regardless of setting, leaders face many similar challenges. Over the course of six modules, this course will help you discover the leader in you. Together we will examine theory, research, and practice to explore the “who, what, when, where, why, and how” of emerging issues that you, as a leader, will encounter.
Students who complete this course will learn to:
- Define the unique role of a leader in an organization (including a distinction between leadership and management)
- Analyze an individual’s traits and strengths and how they apply to leadership
- Contrast the varied roles that all leaders fulfill
- Evaluate how effective leaders use a variety of tools to accomplish their goals
- Examine how the leader serves as a catalyst for change
- Examine the importance of leadership development for organizational success
Target Audience: Life long learners, all are welcome.
Course is offered by Austin Peay State University.