Learn how online education differs from traditional classrooms while you explore and develop your own personal strategies for online learning success. You will be guided through an interactive investigation and self-reflection process to help you determine your learning preferences and create your own personal strategy for successful online learning. We will address common misconceptions, frustrations and fears about online learning and introduce techniques to help overcome such obstacles. Various models of online courses will be explored as well as the concept of a "personal learning space".
Learners who complete this course will be able to:
- Describe what it means to learn - anywhere, anytime.
- Clarify personal learning preferences.
- Identify common components of an online learning environment.
- Compare differences between online and traditional learning.
- Plan for areas of personal adjustment required for success in online learning.
- Analyze different types of learning environments including a personal learning environment.
- Explore and employ effective online communication tools and strategies.
- Describe the role of an online learning community in supporting learning.
Course is offered by Athabasca University.